Hello, first post with a problem

From
Mark Williamson
Date:
Sorry that my first post is about a bug report, but I have verified this behavior in the latest SVN.  I checked out the
codetoday, compiled and tested it just to be sure.  Previously, I was using 1.6.3.  I am on Kubuntu Linux however this
isreproduceable on windows as well.<br /><br />The bug has to do with the copy/paste buffer using keyboard or mouse.
Toreproduce the problem try these steps.<br /><br />Navigate to a function name in PGAdmin.  in the right SQL window,
worked(it is hit or miss, but the first time just now i tried it, worked fine).<br /><br />Now in the query editor
selectall the text again, and control-c.<br /><br />Move your cursor to the top of the window.  Select the first few
lines. Control-c.<br /><br />Now, with your cursor at the very top, hit control-v.  you will notice (at least for me,
consistently)it doesn't paste what you last copied, instead, it pasted what i had copied earlier.<br /><br />I know
thissounds round about, but I wanted to be sure it wasn't a random event.  I use PGadmin every day all day and this is
anextremely annoying bug.  <br /><br />If I knew where to look, I'd try to post a patch, but my C/C++ is not worth
Yahoo!Mail. <a href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51732/*http://overview.mail.yahoo.com/">See how.</a>

Re: Hello, first post with a problem

From
Dave Page
Date:
Mark Williamson wrote:
> Now, with your cursor at the very top, hit control-v.  you will notice
> (at least for me, consistently) it doesn't paste what you last copied,
> instead, it pasted what i had copied earlier.

It works perfectly for me on Windows. I'm sure you'd have noticed, but I
assume your C key is working reliably? Do you have another PC you can
test on to see if it's specific to your usual machine?

> I know this sounds round about, but I wanted to be sure it wasn't a
> random event.  I use PGadmin every day all day and this is an extremely
> annoying bug.

I can imagine.

> If I knew where to look, I'd try to post a patch, but my C/C++ is not
> worth beans these days.

:-)

Regards, Dave

Date:
Mark Williamson wrote:
> As I mentioned,
>
> It does the same thing using the mouse, and the same thing on another
> computer (coworker) in windows.

Sorry, missed the mention of the mouse. It wasn't clear that your
Windows tests were on a different machine though.

I've spent some time testing this again on Windows XP Pro, Mac OS X
Tiger and Fedora 7 and have completely failed to see any problems. Can
any of the other developers?

You mention that you've tested the latest SVN code - what version of
wxWidgets did you build against? Are you also running a home-built
version on the Windows box (and if so, what wxWidgets version is there)?

Regards, Dave

Date:
Vince Ieraci wrote:
>> Mark Williamson wrote:
>>> Now, with your cursor at the very top, hit control-v.
>>> you will notice (at least for me, consistently) it
>>> doesn't paste what you last copied, instead, it pasted
>> what i had copied earlier.
>>
>> It works perfectly for me on Windows. I'm sure you'd have
>> noticed, but I assume your C key is working reliably?
>
> I can confirm this problem definitely exists. I posted this
> problem several days ago with no response yet.

Oh, I see it. You emailed it directly to me rather than using the
mailing list. That basically sends it automatically to the back of the
queue :-(

Regards, Dave.

Re: Hello, first post with a problem

From
"Mark Williamson"
Date:
Thanks for the confirmation Vince, at least I know I'm not loony.<br /><br />The windows version is the binary
AM,Dave Page < <a href="mailto:dpage@postgresql.org">dpage@postgresql.org</a>> wrote:<br /><blockquote
class="gmail_quote"style="border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left:
1ex;">VinceIeraci wrote: <br />>> Mark Williamson wrote:<br />>>> Now, with your cursor at the very top,
hitcontrol-v.<br />>>> you will notice (at least for me, consistently) it<br />>>> doesn't paste what
perfectlyfor me on Windows. I'm sure you'd have<br />>> noticed, but I assume your C key is working reliably?<br
/>><br/>> I can confirm this problem definitely exists. I posted this <br />> problem several days ago with no
/>---------------------------(endof broadcast)---------------------------<br />TIP 1: if posting/reading through
Usenet,please send an appropriate<br />       subscribe-nomail command to <a href="mailto:majordomo@postgresql.org">

Date:
Mark Williamson wrote:
> Thanks for the confirmation Vince, at least I know I'm not loony.
>
> The windows version is the binary downloaded from pgadmin site.
> wxWidgets on my linux box is 2.8

2.8.what? We only support 2.8.x :-)

Regards, Dave