Font size in query windows

From
Dan Harris
Date:
Hello,

I'm running the latest OS X binary and hoping to replace my existing
expensive query tool with it.  However, I am having some problems with
the SQL Query window.  The input window default font is too small,
almost unreadable ( running 1900x1280 resolution ).  I don't see how to
increase this font size or change it to a fixed-width font.  I tried to
go to the preferences pane but the Preferences menu option is disabled.  Is this a bug?

Thanks
-Dan

Re: Font size in query windows

From
"Andy Shellam (Mailing Lists)"
Date:
Hi Dan,<br /><br /> Dan Harris wrote: <blockquote cite="mid45DC9D44.5080801@drivefaster.net" type="cite">Hello, <br
/><br/> I'm running the latest OS X binary and hoping to replace my existing expensive query tool with it.  However, I
amhaving some problems with the SQL Query window.  The input window default font is too small, almost unreadable (
running1900x1280 resolution ).  I don't see how to increase this font size or change it to a fixed-width font.  I tried
/>Andy.<br />

Date:
Andy Shellam (Mailing Lists) wrote:

> Does the following work for you...
>
> File > Options > Query > Font?
>
> This is how you set it on Windows, not sure if it's the same on OS X.

I think this is a Mac menu thing, but there is no File > Options menu
item for me.

-Dan

Re: Font size in query windows

From
Dave Page
Date:
Dan Harris wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm running the latest OS X binary and hoping to replace my existing
> expensive query tool with it.  However, I am having some problems with
> the SQL Query window.  The input window default font is too small,
> almost unreadable ( running 1900x1280 resolution ).  I don't see how to
> increase this font size or change it to a fixed-width font.  I tried to
> go to the preferences pane but the Preferences menu option is disabled.
>  Is this a bug?

The preferences option on the main window should be used. On all other
platforms the options are under File->Options on the main form only, but
OSX adds a Preferences menu to every menu.

You can then change the font on the Query tab.

Regards, Dave.

Dave Page wrote:

> The preferences option on the main window should be used. On all other
> platforms the options are under File->Options on the main form only, but
> OSX adds a Preferences menu to every menu.
>
> You can then change the font on the Query tab.

Maybe I'm not understanding you, but the Preferences menu option is
disabled, I can't click it.  I don't see anywhere in the Query window to
change a font, I've looked at every button and context menu.

Date:
Dan Harris wrote:
> Dave Page wrote:
>
>> The preferences option on the main window should be used. On all other
>> platforms the options are under File->Options on the main form only, but
>> OSX adds a Preferences menu to every menu.
>>
>> You can then change the font on the Query tab.

Ok, I get it now, you have to have the main window focused for the
preferences option to be enabled.  This seems unusual to me, but I can
work around it.  It would be more Mac-like for the Preferences window to
be available at all times.

Thanks for your help.

Date:
Dan Harris wrote:
> Dave Page wrote:
>
>> The preferences option on the main window should be used. On all other
>> platforms the options are under File->Options on the main form only, but
>> OSX adds a Preferences menu to every menu.
>>
>> You can then change the font on the Query tab.
>>

> Maybe I'm not understanding you, but the Preferences menu option is
> disabled, I can't click it.  I don't see anywhere in the Query window to
> change a font, I've looked at every button and context menu.

The preferences option will be disabled when the query tool or edit grid
are in the foreground, but should not be when the main object browser
window is foremost.

Regards, Dave.