pgAdmin III 1.4, Slony and cluster creation

From
Stojan Rancic
Date:
Howdy'all,
 I've just installed PG 8.0 and Slony 1.1.2 on a couple of Debian Sarge servers and the latest pgAdmin on Win2000 box
..The pgAdmin connects to both databases just fine, but when I try to initiate a new Slony cluster, the status-bar says
"Slony-Icreation scripts not available; only joining possible" ..

 I'm wandering if this configuration was ever intended to work or was the cluster creation intended mostly for pgAdmin
runningon *nix boxen?

 In any case, I would appreciate some pointers on what to put into the "Slony-I path" in the Options dialog, whether
I'mrunning pgAdmin on Windows or on a Linux box with Slony installed from source..

                     GreetZ, Stojan
--
Down with ignurance!

Re: pgAdmin III 1.4, Slony and cluster creation

From
Andreas Pflug
Date:
Stojan Rancic wrote:

>Howdy'all,
>
>  I've just installed PG 8.0 and Slony 1.1.2 on a couple of Debian
>  Sarge servers and the latest pgAdmin on Win2000 box .. The pgAdmin
>  connects to both databases just fine, but when I try to initiate a
>  new Slony cluster, the status-bar says "Slony-I creation scripts not
>  available; only joining possible" ..
>
>  I'm wandering if this configuration was ever intended to work or was the
>  cluster creation intended mostly for pgAdmin running on *nix boxen?
>
>  In any case, I would appreciate some pointers on what to put into
>  the "Slony-I path" in the Options dialog, whether I'm running
>  pgAdmin on Windows or on a Linux box with Slony installed from
>  source..

You'll have to copy all *.sql scripts into one directory for win32 from
the slony sources. On Linux, they are installed into
/usr/local/pgsql/shared or so by the slony make install process.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: pgAdmin III 1.4, Slony and cluster creation

From
Stojan Rancic
Date:
Hojla Andreas,

Tuesday, November 8, 2005, 11:30:25 PM, si napisal(a):

> You'll have to copy all *.sql scripts into one directory for win32 from
> the slony sources. On Linux, they are installed into
> /usr/local/pgsql/shared or so by the slony make install process.

This seems to work fine, thanks..

I'd suggest you put this tip somewhere in the docs of FAQ, as it's
really not that obvious.
                                   GreetZ, Stojan
--
Chicken heads are the chief food of captive alligators.

Date:
Stojan Rancic wrote:
> Hojla Andreas,
>
> Tuesday, November 8, 2005, 11:30:25 PM, si napisal(a):
>

>>You'll have to copy all *.sql scripts into one directory for win32 from
>>the slony sources. On Linux, they are installed into
>>/usr/local/pgsql/shared or so by the slony make install process.
>

> This seems to work fine, thanks..
>
> I'd suggest you put this tip somewhere in the docs of FAQ, as it's
> really not that obvious.

Well, IMHO for linux it is obvious, because it's the usual place. For
win32, we don't have a slony release yet. If it's officially released,
we probably will have the scripts packaged with pgAdmin, and pgsql
installer will include the full stuff as well.

Regards,
Andreas