Query tool and SSL connections

From
timothy.r.morley@kc.frb.org
Date:
builtpgAdminIII for Fedora Core 1.  I downloaded and installed it without a hitch.  That build, however, suffers from
thesame problem as the builds for RedHat9 and Mandrake 9.1.  The problem being that when you try to run a query using
theQuery Tool, the entire app crashes after you click the run button.  Actually, the build for Fedora Core shows the
Queryis running but the time never stops.  When you click on stop that is when the entire app stops responding.  I
wouldhelp with trying various build options but as others have discovered in my emails I am pretty useless as far as

Re: Query tool and SSL connections

From
Andreas Pflug
Date:
timothy.r.morley@kc.frb.org wrote:

> I was browsing through the pgadmin-hackers list today and noticed
> someone had built pgAdminIII for Fedora Core 1.  I downloaded and
> installed it without a hitch.  That build, however, suffers from the
> same problem as the builds for RedHat9 and Mandrake 9.1.  The problem
> being that when you try to run a query using the Query Tool, the
> entire app crashes after you click the run button.  Actually, the
> build for Fedora Core shows the Query is running but the time never
> stops.  When you click on stop that is when the entire app stops
> responding.  I would help with trying various build options but as
> others have discovered in my emails I am pretty useless as far as this
> is concerned.

This is a very unfortunate situation. I don't have a machine I could
dedicate to Fedora/RH/Mandrake at the moment, so all I can do is to
suppose that it's some kind of threading/reentrancy problem.
Anybody out there who could try compiler and/or linker flags on this?
(to be tested in src/Makefile directly)

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Query tool and SSL connections

From
timothy.r.morley@kc.frb.org
Date:
todayand noticed <br /> > someone had built pgAdminIII for Fedora Core 1.  I downloaded and <br /> > installed it
withouta hitch.  That build, however, suffers from the <br /> > same problem as the builds for RedHat9 and Mandrake
9.1. The problem <br /> > being that when you try to run a query using the Query Tool, the <br /> > entire app
crashesafter you click the run button.  Actually, the <br /> > build for Fedora Core shows the Query is running but
thetime never <br /> > stops.  When you click on stop that is when the entire app stops <br /> > responding.  I
wouldhelp with trying various build options but as <br /> > others have discovered in my emails I am pretty useless
could<br /> dedicate to Fedora/RH/Mandrake at the moment, so all I can do is to <br /> suppose that it's some kind of
threading/reentrancyproblem.<br /> Anybody out there who could try compiler and/or linker flags on this? <br /> (to be

Date:
timothy.r.morley@kc.frb.org wrote:

> My current solution is to install Slackware 9.1. :)

Well,
I'm hesitating to require all pgAdmin3 users to install Slackware or
SuSE... ;-)

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Query tool and SSL connections

From
"Keith C. Perry"
Date:
Quoting Andreas Pflug <pgadmin@pse-consulting.de>:

> timothy.r.morley@kc.frb.org wrote:
>

> > My current solution is to install Slackware 9.1. :)
> >

> Well,
> I'm hesitating to require all pgAdmin3 users to install Slackware or
> SuSE... ;-)
>
> Regards,
> Andreas

<justkidding>

I don't see a problem with that  :)

</justkidding>

Seriously though, I have a box I haven't rolled out yet.  If one of you RH folks
want to tgz up a base install, I could stream it over to my net and drop the it
on there.  I'll get the box online and then yall could play with that box (via
ssh) for awhile.  I realistically won't need that box 'til January.

--
Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.
Director of Networks & Applications

This email account is being host by: