Re: Query tool and SSL connections - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Andreas Pflug
Subject Re: Query tool and SSL connections
Date
List pgadmin-support
timothy.r.morley@kc.frb.org wrote:

> I was browsing through the pgadmin-hackers list today and noticed
> someone had built pgAdminIII for Fedora Core 1.  I downloaded and
> installed it without a hitch.  That build, however, suffers from the
> same problem as the builds for RedHat9 and Mandrake 9.1.  The problem
> being that when you try to run a query using the Query Tool, the
> entire app crashes after you click the run button.  Actually, the
> build for Fedora Core shows the Query is running but the time never
> stops.  When you click on stop that is when the entire app stops
> responding.  I would help with trying various build options but as
> others have discovered in my emails I am pretty useless as far as this
> is concerned.

This is a very unfortunate situation. I don't have a machine I could
dedicate to Fedora/RH/Mandrake at the moment, so all I can do is to
suppose that it's some kind of threading/reentrancy problem.
Anybody out there who could try compiler and/or linker flags on this?
(to be tested in src/Makefile directly)

Regards,
Andreas