The character which cannot be translated.

From
"Hiroshi Saito"
Date:
Hi Andreas.

There is a strings which cannot be translated in part.
http://cre-ent.skcapi.co.jp/~saito/pgadmin3/pgAdminIII-20050913.PNG

I have not caught up with your rapid change. This is slightly strange.??
Can other languages be done?

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito

Re: The character which cannot be translated.

From
Diego Gil
Hiroshi:

I am having some troubles with translation too (to spanish). Most of
"New Objects" captions like "New Table", "New Function", etc, seems to
be not "internationalized".

I already reported this to Andreas, without any feedback yet.

Regards,
Diego.

El mar, 13-09-2005 a las 03:57 +0900, Hiroshi Saito escribió:
> Hi Andreas.
>
> There is a strings which cannot be translated in part.
> http://cre-ent.skcapi.co.jp/~saito/pgadmin3/pgAdminIII-20050913.PNG
>
> I have not caught up with your rapid change. This is slightly strange.??
> Can other languages be done?
>
> Regards,
> Hiroshi Saito

Re: The character which cannot be translated.

From
Andreas Pflug
Diego Gil wrote:
> Hiroshi:
>
> I am having some troubles with translation too (to spanish). Most of
> "New Objects" captions like "New Table", "New Function", etc, seems to
> be not "internationalized".
>
> I already reported this to Andreas, without any feedback yet.

Please keep calm friends,
issues won't get lost. I'm getting to pgadmin issues quite infrequently
at the moment, just as dave.

I suspect it's an i18n problem with globally initialized strings; fix
will need quite some mass coding (replace all _() with __() in factory
constructors).

Regards,
Andreas

Re: The character which cannot be translated.

From
Diego Gil
Andreas:

Please take your time :-). I just intended to share my experiences with
Hiroshi, not to disturb you.

I will try what you mentioned.

Regards,
Diego.

El mar, 13-09-2005 a las 00:33 +0200, Andreas Pflug escribió:
> Diego Gil wrote:
> > Hiroshi:
> >
> > I am having some troubles with translation too (to spanish). Most of
> > "New Objects" captions like "New Table", "New Function", etc, seems to
> > be not "internationalized".
> >
> > I already reported this to Andreas, without any feedback yet.
>
> Please keep calm friends,
> issues won't get lost. I'm getting to pgadmin issues quite infrequently
> at the moment, just as dave.
>
> I suspect it's an i18n problem with globally initialized strings; fix
> will need quite some mass coding (replace all _() with __() in factory
> constructors).
>
> Regards,
> Andreas

> TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

Re: The character which cannot be translated.

From
Diego Gil
Andreas:

I can help with some editing or testing, if you need it. I have more 25
years of vi experience !!. I mean it, if you can use some help from me,
just tell.

Diego Gil wrote:
> Andreas:
>
> I can help with some editing or testing, if you need it. I have more 25
> years of vi experience !!.

Oh hello, greetings to the author of vi, nice to know it's you :-)

  I mean it, if you can use some help from me, just tell.

Well that's very kind, and highly appreciated. In this case (as in most
others) you'd need intimate knowledge of the (well documented... :-)
source of pgadmin, to locate the problems. I'm probably n^2 times faster
on this than you, or would you know that I had to seek for
factory(__(" giving 42 occurrences, replace _( by __( and add
wxGetTranslation to pgaFactory::AppendMenu? I'd be glad for backup
problem solver people to step in, you're welcome!

But we're also happy about testers, who will notice and describe the
problems as detailed as possible, which will enable Dave and me to
pinpoint the problem in the source and fix it. Software is nothing
without good testers, join us and try to outperform Hiroshi, our current
#1 bug reporter :-)

Regarding additional coders:
In the last two years, we had some major restructuring/refactoring of
pgAdmin's object/action framework, which is (for my part) quite finished
and stable now, meeting future extensibility demands (AFAICS the
future). So have a look at the code, and try to understand how things
work! (Something's still outstanding for better readability: replacing
looping pgSet with Eof() and MoveNext() by pgSetIterator/RowsLeft(), and
replacing tree child iteration currently done with raw wxWidgets methods
by treeObjectIterator; both currently used only in very new code.)

If you like some challenge, you could try to implement changing
databases in the query tool (a neat idea, should have been mine:-), as
somebody suggested and offered to implement but sadly didn't. A combobox
in the query tool's toolbar, enabling to select from currently connected
db's (instead of the single frmQuery->conn from ctor), a means of adding
new connections to that combobox (a "...more" combobox entry? For
finding valid server/db data, see db selection in dlgRepCluster when
joining a cluster).

Regards,
Andreas

Re: The character which cannot be translated.

From
Andreas Pflug
Date:
Forgot to mention: Fixed in SVN now.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: The character which cannot be translated.

From
Raphaël Enrici
Date:
Andreas Pflug wrote:
> Software is nothing
> without good testers, join us and try to outperform Hiroshi, our current
> #1 bug reporter :-)

Nobody advert concerning this contest! What do we win? ;)

Cheers,
Raph

Re: The character which cannot be translated.

From
"Hiroshi Saito"
Date:
Oh, Thanks Andreas.!!

It is wonderful.
http://cre-ent.skcapi.co.jp/~saito/pgadmin3/pgAdmin3_OK.PNG
furthermore --   pgAgent
http://cre-ent.skcapi.co.jp/~saito/pgadmin3/service_pgAgent_1.PNG
http://cre-ent.skcapi.co.jp/~saito/pgadmin3/service_pgAgent_2.PNG
http://cre-ent.skcapi.co.jp/~saito/pgadmin3/service_pgAgent_3.PNG
http://cre-ent.skcapi.co.jp/~saito/pgadmin3/service_pgAgent_4.PNG

> > without good testers, join us and try to outperform Hiroshi, our current
> > #1 bug reporter :-)
>
> Nobody advert concerning this contest! What do we win? ;)

All were set to OK.:-)

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito

Re: The character which cannot be translated.

From
"Dave Page"

Beer & a burger on me, the next time the winner visits the Oxford area in England :-)

/D

Dave Page wrote:

>>Hiroshi, our current #1 bug reporter :-)
>>
>>Nobody advert concerning this contest! What do we win? ;)
>

> Beer & a burger on me, the next time the winner visits the Oxford area in England :-)

Same for the Hamburg area in Germany, beer and Fischbrötchen or
C-Wurst/Pommes on me.

Regards,
Andreas