untranslated strings

From
"Petri Jooste"
Date:
While doing the Afrikaans translation, I noticed the following ...

If you refresh an object (eg. pressing F5) the message appears half-translated eg.
   Verfris Rules......Klaar
     instead of
   Verfris Reëls...Klaar
English:
   Refresh Rules...Done
It seems to happen with all types of objects refreshed.

Untranslated strings on the Tip of the Day window:
Tip of the Day
Did you know...
&Show tips at startup
&Next Tip

Various untranslated strings:
=============================

Connecting to database...

Connecting to database without password...

Do error messages get translated? Here are some ...
ERROR: Only instead-select rules currently supported on select

ERROR: source and target datatypes are not physically compatible

ERROR: source data type and target data types are the same

ERROR: parser: parse error at or near "(" at character 28

================
Mr. JP (Petri) Jooste
Skool vir Modelleringswetenskappe
School of Modelling Sciences
Vaal Triangle Campus
Potchefstroom University for Christian Higher Education
South Africa

Hierdie boodskap (en aanhangsels) is onderhewig aan beperkings en 'n vrywaringsklousule. Volledige besonderhede
beskikbaarby http://www.puk.ac.za/itb/e-pos/disclaimer.html , of by itbsekr@puknet.puk.ac.za

This message (and attachments) is subject to restrictions and a disclaimer. Please refer to
http://www.puk.ac.za/itb/e-pos/disclaimer.htmlfor full details, or at itbsekr@puknet.puk.ac.za

Re: untranslated strings

From
andrej misovic
Date:
I also know about this,..
could you fix it?

        andrej

Petri Jooste wrote:
> While doing the Afrikaans translation, I noticed the following ...
>
> If you refresh an object (eg. pressing F5) the message appears half-translated eg.
>    Verfris Rules......Klaar
>      instead of
>    Verfris Reëls...Klaar
> English:
>    Refresh Rules...Done
> It seems to happen with all types of objects refreshed.
>
> Untranslated strings on the Tip of the Day window:
> Tip of the Day
> Did you know...
> &Show tips at startup
> &Next Tip
>

> Various untranslated strings:
> =============================
>
> Connecting to database...
>
> Connecting to database without password...
>

> Do error messages get translated? Here are some ...
> ERROR: Only instead-select rules currently supported on select
>
> ERROR: source and target datatypes are not physically compatible
>
> ERROR: source data type and target data types are the same
>
> ERROR: parser: parse error at or near "(" at character 28
>

> ================
> Mr. JP (Petri) Jooste
> Skool vir Modelleringswetenskappe
> School of Modelling Sciences
> Vaal Triangle Campus
> Potchefstroom University for Christian Higher Education
> South Africa

> Hierdie boodskap (en aanhangsels) is onderhewig aan beperkings en 'n vrywaringsklousule. Volledige besonderhede
beskikbaarby http://www.puk.ac.za/itb/e-pos/disclaimer.html , of by itbsekr@puknet.puk.ac.za

> This message (and attachments) is subject to restrictions and a disclaimer. Please refer to
http://www.puk.ac.za/itb/e-pos/disclaimer.htmlfor full details, or at itbsekr@puknet.puk.ac.za

   >>  jabber: ado@njs.netlab.cz   <<
   >>  e-mail: ado@nirvanaclub.sk  <<
// just visit> http://www.nirvanaclub.sk

Re: untranslated strings

From
Darko Prenosil
Date:
On Tuesday 16 September 2003 09:09, Petri Jooste wrote:
> While doing the Afrikaans translation, I noticed the following ...
>

> Do error messages get translated? Here are some ...
> ERROR: Only instead-select rules currently supported on select
>
> ERROR: source and target datatypes are not physically compatible
>
> ERROR: source data type and target data types are the same
>
> ERROR: parser: parse error at or near "(" at character 28

For those You'll have to translate postgreSQL server messages.

Regards !

Re: untranslated strings

From
"Dave Page"

Those will require that the wxWindows messages are translated - there is
a pot file at
http://cvs.pgadmin.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/pgadmin3/src/ui/wxstd.pot?rev
=1.1&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup for this, but it might be
easier in the long term if we simply build our own tips dialogue rather
than using the wx one. I don't know how many other wx strings are
visible...

> Do error messages get translated? Here are some ...
> ERROR: Only instead-select rules currently supported on select
> ERROR: source and target datatypes are not physically compatible
> ERROR: source data type and target data types are the same
> ERROR: parser: parse error at or near "(" at character 28

They come directly from PostgreSQL, so require that the PostgreSQL
messages be translated: http://webmail.postgresql.org/~petere/nls.php

Regards, Dave.

Re: untranslated strings

From
Andreas Pflug
Date:
Petri Jooste wrote:

>While doing the Afrikaans translation, I noticed the following ...
>
>If you refresh an object (eg. pressing F5) the message appears half-translated eg.
>   Verfris Rules......Klaar
>     instead of
>   Verfris Reëls...Klaar

This very aspect is a matter of the individual translation. Obviously,
"Rules" has not been translated to "Reëls".
The rest is as Darko and Dave stated.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: untranslated strings

From
"Petri Jooste"
Date:
Petri Jooste wrote:

>While doing the Afrikaans translation, I noticed the following ...
>
>If you refresh an object (eg. pressing F5) the message appears half-translated eg.
>   Verfris Rules......Klaar
>     instead of
>   Verfris Reëls...Klaar

This very aspect is a matter of the individual translation. Obviously,
"Rules" has not been translated to "Reëls".

Regards,
Andreas
================
Petri writes:
---------------
Regarding the example in the original post:
The following translations DOES exist in the .po file:
  Rules                Reëls
  Refreshing %s...                Verfris %s...
  Done.                Klaar.

However, for the example above, it seems the .pot file is missing the string
Rules...
and also the other strings used to display the refreshing feedback.
Notice how the curent feedback displays with 6 dots ...... ,
suggesting that the three dots appended before the  Klaar (Done)
have three more dots coming from somewhere else.

The three dots appear to come from the string Refreshing %s...
and the following strings get substituted into %s

Aggregates...
Aggregate...
Conversions...
Conversion...
Domains...
Domain...
Functions...
Function...
Trigger Functions...
Trigger Function...
Operators...
Operator...
Operator Classes...
Operator Class...
Sequences...
Sequence...
Tables...
Table...
Types...
Type...
Views...
View...
Columns...
Column...
Constraints...
Constraint...
Rules...
Rule...
Triggers...
Trigger...
Casts...
Cast...
Languages...
Language...
Schemas...
Schema...
Groups...
Group...
Users...
User...

The German, Danish and Norwegian translations, for example, behaves similar to the Afrikaans:
The Danish .po file includes the translation Regler for Rules, and yet on
pressing F5 the response is:
Opdaterer Rules...... Afsluttet.
instead of
Opdaterer Regler... Afsluttet.

The German .po file has the following:
  Refreshing %s...                %s wird aufgefrischt...

and the response in German is:
Rules wird aufgefrischt...... Fertig.