pgAdmin3 translation

From
"Milan Kliska"
Date:
Hey,

I'm interested in translating pgAdmin to Serbian. Please let me know how
to proceed.

Cheers,
Milan Kliska

Re: pgAdmin3 translation

From
"Dave Page"

Hi Milan,

You should be able to find all the details you require at
http://www.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3/translation.php - if not please feel
free to email the list with any questions.

Which locale will you be translating:

sh_SP Serbian Latin Yugoslavia ISO8859-2

or

sr_SP Serbian Cyrillic Yugoslavia ISO8859-5

Thanks for offering to help :-)

Regards, Dave

Re: pgAdmin3 translation

From
Andreas Pflug
Dave Page wrote:

>Which locale will you be translating:
>
>sh_SP Serbian Latin Yugoslavia ISO8859-2
>
>or
>
>sr_SP Serbian Cyrillic Yugoslavia ISO8859-5

Actually, the canonical locale name is sr_YU, whichever charset is used.
At the moment, we don't have the option to implement a translation in
two different charsets, so please decide which may be more convenient
for Serbian users.

>I forgot to send the required info.
>I'm interested in translating pgAdmin to Serbian (Ñðïñêè) language.

The language name is garbled because it was sent as plain text; please
use an UTF encoded file with the correct name. You could use Notepad to
edit a file and save it Unicode or UTF-8 encoded.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: pgAdmin3 translation

From
Jean-Michel POURE
Date:
Le Jeudi 4 Septembre 2003 10:06, Dave Page a écrit :
> Hi Milan,
>
> You should be able to find all the details you require at
> http://www.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3/translation.php - if not please feel
> free to email the list with any questions.
>
> Which locale will you be translating:
> sh_SP Serbian Latin Yugoslavia ISO8859-2
> sr_SP Serbian Cyrillic Yugoslavia ISO8859-5

Dear all,

ISO8859-2 and ISO8859-5 are subparts of UTF-8. If you choose UTF-8, you will
have both at the same time.

Using poEdit is highly recommanded as proposed on
http://www.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3/translation.php

poEdit is able to handle UTF-8 unicode. It means you will have the choice to
input Latin or Cyrillic characters. Under GNU/Linux, please use our poEdit
version which has better Unicode support. The Windows version works fine.

When opening pgadmin3.po file, select Configuration->Project and enter
Charset=UTF-8. In case of problem, do not hesitate to get back to us.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel