Re: pgAdmin3 translation - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Jean-Michel POURE
Subject Re: pgAdmin3 translation
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Le Jeudi 4 Septembre 2003 10:06, Dave Page a écrit :
> Hi Milan,
>
> You should be able to find all the details you require at
> http://www.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3/translation.php - if not please feel
> free to email the list with any questions.
>
> Which locale will you be translating:
> sh_SP Serbian Latin Yugoslavia ISO8859-2
> sr_SP Serbian Cyrillic Yugoslavia ISO8859-5

Dear all,

ISO8859-2 and ISO8859-5 are subparts of UTF-8. If you choose UTF-8, you will
have both at the same time.

Using poEdit is highly recommanded as proposed on
http://www.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3/translation.php

poEdit is able to handle UTF-8 unicode. It means you will have the choice to
input Latin or Cyrillic characters. Under GNU/Linux, please use our poEdit
version which has better Unicode support. The Windows version works fine.

When opening pgadmin3.po file, select Configuration->Project and enter
Charset=UTF-8. In case of problem, do not hesitate to get back to us.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel