New upload of 0.9.0 packages

From
Raphaël Enrici
Date:
Hi all,

just for information. I've just uploaded up to date debian packages for
i386 built on wxWindows 2.5 20030722 snapshots (which I re-packaged too).

I also added the powerpc build from Giuseppe Sacco although it is based
on 20030707 (I'll ask him if he can build up to date packages from the
new debian sources I uploaded on snake in the ftp/beta section when they
will be mirrored).

I'll also try to do a build on HPPA architecture tomorrow.

Oh, I didn't say, although my task is really minor compared to your
work, I REALLY like working with all of you, this is a really exciting
experience. So, thank you!

cheers,

Raphaël

Re: New upload of 0.9.0 packages

From
"Dave Page"

Agreed, it is pretty useless.

> May be your
> host could become a build host for daily snapshots if we find that
> pgAdmin3 can be built on HPUX 11. Is it easy to put it back
> online and
> open an account on it or is it a lot of work ?
> If it's too much work, wait until I (or someone else) try a build on
> another host...

It's not something I can do quickly, so if you can that would be good.

Regards, Dave.

Dave Page wrote:

>OK, thanks. What OS on the HPPA? I have an old HP9000 E35 knocking about, and should have a D350 within a few months.
They'reold and slow but...

This host is an A500 with wo pa-risc 64 in it. Is is installed under
Debian GNU/Linux. I also have a  HPUX 11 CD Set but didn't installed
them because I had no interrest for it at home... But it may be now
interesting to try a build on this OS too...
I'll first build a debian package and then will have a try on HPUX. If
the build works on HP, I'll produce some packages in ".depot".... Is
your machine installed ? which OS version ?

Regards,

Raphaël

Re: New upload of 0.9.0 packages

From
"Dave Page"

Last time I looked it had HP-UX 11.0. I also have 10.10, 10.20 and 9.04 knocking about someplace.

I doubt if CDE or anything is installed though (it is on the CD) - it was a database server running Unidata and
AdvancedPick before that.

Regards, Dave

Dave Page wrote:

> [...]
everything and is really far from opensource "standards"). May be your
host could become a build host for daily snapshots if we find that
pgAdmin3 can be built on HPUX 11. Is it easy to put it back online and
open an account on it or is it a lot of work ?
If it's too much work, wait until I (or someone else) try a build on
another host...

>I doubt if CDE or anything is installed though (it is on the CD) - it was a database server running Unidata and
AdvancedPick before that.

Ok, we will see.

Regards,

Raphaël

Re: New upload of 0.9.0 packages

From
"Dave Page"

No, thank you! Your efforts in creating a Debian port help bring pgAdmin to another group of Linux users, and your work
isclearly getting others interested in chipping in and working on ports. My thanks go to all of you guys.

Regards, Dave.