PostgreSQL.hhp

From
"Darko Prenosil"
Date:
Now when there is hhp file for PostgreSQL help why not enable it in
PgAdmin3.

So:

In misc.h add function declaration:

void DisplayPgSqlHelp(wxWindow *wnd, const wxString &helpTopic, char
**icon=0);

In misc.cpp add function definition:

void DisplayPgSqlHelp(wxWindow *wnd, const wxString &helpTopic, char
**icon){
    extern wxString docPath;
    static wxHtmlHelpController *helpCtl=0;
    static bool firstCall=true;

    if (firstCall)
    {
        firstCall=false;
        wxString helpfile=docPath + wxT("/") +
settings->GetCanonicalLanguage() + wxT("/pg/PostgreSQL");

        if (!wxFile::Exists(helpfile + wxT(".hhp")) &&
!wxFile::Exists(helpfile + wxT(".zip")))
            helpfile=docPath + wxT("/en_US/pg/PostgreSQL");

        if (wxFile::Exists(helpfile + wxT(".hhp")) ||
wxFile::Exists(helpfile + wxT(".zip")))
        {
            helpCtl=new wxHtmlHelpController();
            helpCtl->Initialize(helpfile);
        }
    }

    if (helpCtl)
    {
        if (helpTopic == wxT("index"))
            helpCtl->DisplayContents();
        else
            helpCtl->DisplaySection(helpTopic + wxT(".html"));
    }
    else
    {
        while (wnd->GetParent())
            wnd=wnd->GetParent();

        frmHelp::LoadLocalDoc(wnd, helpTopic + wxT(".html"));
    }
}

In events.cpp change function definition:

void frmMain::OnPgsqlHelp(wxCommandEvent& event)
{
    DisplayPgSqlHelp(this, wxT("index"));
}

And we have Postgresql help available.

I promise I make a patch next time, I forgot to save originals, sorry !

Regards !

Re: PostgreSQL.hhp

From
"Dave Page"
Date:
Thanks Darko, patch applied.

Regards, Dave.

Re: PostgreSQL.hhp

From
"Dave Page"

I still maintain that no-one ever complained about that with pga2.

What if the standard html viewer is used if the doc path begins with
http:// ?

Regards, Dave.

Re: PostgreSQL.hhp

From
Andreas Pflug

Dave Page wrote:

> [...]

We want to have a Beta, don't we?
Certainly we can do something like that, sounds like a good idea, but
for the moment a working option is broken. And there are enough other
problems I believe.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: PostgreSQL.hhp