wxWindows Snapshot for pgAdmin3

From
"Dave Page"
Date:
Morning all,

Yesterday I posted a message about having built a new wxWindows tarball
for pgAdmin use, based on the 2003-06-18 wxWindows CVS.

Unfortunately this version will not compile properly on FreeBSD 5.1
(specifically xrc which has had a number of changes committed).
Therefore I have re-packaged the wxWindows snapshot from the earlier
2003-06-07 snapshot which many of us were running previously and does
compile OK on FreeBSD.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Regards, Dave.

Re: wxWindows Snapshot for pgAdmin3

From
"Dave Page"

The wx people committed some changes to numerous files in
contrib/src/xrc/ between 06-07 and 06-18 that seem to break libxrc on
FreeBSD 5.1 (here at least). Fo example:
http://cvs.wxwindows.org/viewcvs.cgi/wxWindows/contrib/src/xrc/xmlres.cp
p.diff?r1=1.34&r2=1.35

The previous version works just fine, and as I've heard no other reason
to use 06-18 I rolled it back.

> But, I haven't cleared a UTF-8 font problem yet....
> makes a font environment now.
>
> BTW.
> It is short of BSD4.x patch.

Sorry, fixed now.

Date:
Hi Dave.

> From: "Dave Page" <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk>
(snip)
> The wx people committed some changes to numerous files in
> contrib/src/xrc/ between 06-07 and 06-18 that seem to break libxrc on
> FreeBSD 5.1 (here at least). Fo example:
> http://cvs.wxwindows.org/viewcvs.cgi/wxWindows/contrib/src/xrc/xmlres.cp
> p.diff?r1=1.34&r2=1.35
>
> The previous version works just fine, and as I've heard no other reason
> to use 06-18 I rolled it back.

Hmm.
line 143
+IMPLEMENT_ABSTRACT_CLASS(wxXmlResourceHandler, wxObject)
This won't be the factor of the problem.?
As for me,
FreeBSD4.8,5.1 didn't apply to your obstacle together.

> > But, I haven't cleared a UTF-8 font problem yet....
> > makes a font environment now.
> >
> > BTW.
> > It is short of BSD4.x patch.
>
> Sorry, fixed now.

Thank you very much.
And, the report of the condition which it can be based on.
See this.
This is FreeBSD4.8.
It can be operated together with the place UNICODE of a certain condition.
http://cre-ent.skcapi.co.jp/~saito/pgadmin/lib/pgadmin3_bsd_2.jpg
I must put this condition together from now.

Regards,
Hiroshi-Saito