New Autoconf+Automake code

From
"Adam H. Pendleton"
Date:
Responding to a request from Andreas to automatically track
dependencies, I have added support for Automake to the current autoconf
code.  The procedure is basically the same.  Just run './bootstrap' and
then run configure.  The options to configure are the same.  Let me know
if anyone encounters problems.  NOTE:  This works on my build server, so
I am sure there are idosyncracies of other systems that I have not
accounted for.  Feedback is greatly appreciated.  For future reference,
any new source files will need to be manually added to Makefile.am.
Automake has to have a static list of source files at "bootstrap" time,
so no getting around it.  :)

ahp

Attachment

Re: New Autoconf+Automake code

From
"Dave Page"

Hi Adam,

On my Slackware 9 box I get:

+ aclocal
+ autoheader
+ automake --foreign --add-missing --copy
configure.in:5 option `pgAdmin3, ' not recognized

Couple of questions if I may:

Should we now delete Makefile.in from CVS?

With automake, presumably it will/can build dist and distcheck targets
as well?

Cheers, Dave.

Dave Page wrote:
On my Slackware 9 box I get:

+ aclocal
+ autoheader
+ automake --foreign --add-missing --copy
configure.in:5 option `pgAdmin3, ' not recognized
What version of automake are you running?  Change the line from:

AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE([pgAdmin3, 0.10])

to:

AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(pgAdmin3, 0.10)

and see if that makes and difference.  Quoting in []'s may be a recent addition to automake, though I don't think so.
Couple of questions if I may:

Should we now delete Makefile.in from CVS?
Yes, Makefile.in will go away.
With automake, presumably it will/can build dist and distcheck targets
as well?
Yup.  :)

ahp

Re: New Autoconf+Automake code

From
"Dave Page"
Date:
Hi Adam,

I have automake 1.7.3 which is the latest I believe. Removing the quotes appears to have fixed it and it seems to compile OK here. make distcheck failed though because of the requirement to pass --with-pgsql and --with-wx to configure. Is it possible to set defaults for them to /usr/local/pgsql and /usr/local/wx2?

Thanks for the code :-)

Regards, Dave.

Dave Page wrote:
Is it possible to set defaults for them to /usr/local/pgsql and /usr/local/wx2?

Well, I suppose.  :)  New code is attached.

ahp
Attachment

Re: New Autoconf+Automake code

From
"Dave Page"
Date:
:-) Thanks Adam.

A build from CVS works, however a distribution doesn't :-( It looks none of the non-source files are making it into the distribution - i.e. *.h, *.xpm, *.xrc as well as the various readmes and the windoze icon.

BTW, I changed the version number to 0.1.1.

Regards, Dave.