Re: New Autoconf+Automake code - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: New Autoconf+Automake code
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi Adam,

I have automake 1.7.3 which is the latest I believe. Removing the quotes appears to have fixed it and it seems to compile OK here. make distcheck failed though because of the requirement to pass --with-pgsql and --with-wx to configure. Is it possible to set defaults for them to /usr/local/pgsql and /usr/local/wx2?

Thanks for the code :-)

Regards, Dave.
-----Original Message-----
From: Adam H. Pendleton [mailto:fmonkey@fmonkey.net]
Sent: 16 May 2003 15:27
To: Dave Page
Cc: pgadmin-hackers@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-hackers] New Autoconf+Automake code

Dave Page wrote:
On my Slackware 9 box I get:

+ aclocal
+ autoheader
+ automake --foreign --add-missing --copy
configure.in:5 option `pgAdmin3, ' not recognized
What version of automake are you running?  Change the line from:

AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE([pgAdmin3, 0.10])

to:

AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(pgAdmin3, 0.10)

and see if that makes and difference.  Quoting in []'s may be a recent addition to automake, though I don't think so.
Couple of questions if I may:

Should we now delete Makefile.in from CVS?
Yes, Makefile.in will go away.
With automake, presumably it will/can build dist and distcheck targets
as well?
Yup.  :)

ahp