Could not receive data from server - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Amin Abdulghani
Subject Could not receive data from server
Date
Re: Could not receive data from server  (Amin Abdulghani <amin@quantiva.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hi,

Running Postgres 7.2.1 with python/psycopg (python
interface for postgres using libpq)/webware application
server on Solaris, I get a postgres error "could not
receive data from server Error 0 " when I try to retrieve
a large text column (16 K) from a table. The query I use
is "select col from table". However, if I avoid the
webware application server, this seems to work ok. I am
just wondering what effect webware could have on the
postgres client libraries. The postgres server is on a
different machine. It doesnt seem to be a memory related
issue as web-ware uses only 5-6 MB on a machine having 256
MB.

Thanks..
Amin