Re: Too much clients connected to the PostgreSQL Database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Xiong He
Subject Re: Too much clients connected to the PostgreSQL Database
Date
List pgsql-general
If you are using connection pool, did you use pgbouncer to reduce the maximum physical connection?
You said, "but we have some low usage application getting direct db connection(out of the pool)."   It will mean that some connections are not controlled by the connection pool.  This can be variable in the real environment.

------------------
Thanks&Regards,
Xiong He

From:  "rodrigo"<rodrigo@paripassu.com.br>;
Date:  Tue, Oct 30, 2012 09:06 AM
To:  "Kevin Grittner"<kgrittn@mail.com>;
Cc:  "pgsql-general"<pgsql-general@postgresql.org>;
Subject:  Re: [GENERAL] Too much clients connected to the PostgreSQL Database

150 maxActive setting, but we have some low usage application getting direct db
connection(out of the pool).

The interesting is that the server suddently get a lot of connections and reach the
limit and then release them.

I'm willing to change to Tomcat 7 connection pool. We are using c3pO and apache ones,
maybe that's a problem.

Thank you,

Well,