Too much clients connected to the PostgreSQL Database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rodrigo Pereira da Silva
Subject Too much clients connected to the PostgreSQL Database
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Guys,

        We have about 10 web applications deployed in a Tomcat 7.0 accessing a Postgresql 9.1 database. We do use connection pooling.
        We have the max_connections parameter set to 200 connections, however, we are reaching the max connections sporadically(about 4 time/day).
        It's interesting, because we didn't have this problem with Postgresql 8.3.
        I don't know if that's can be caused by any postgresql internal task, like, auto-vaccum.
        Someone knows if there is anything new in PostgreSQL 9.1 that it's probably consuming connections? Is there any default approach to proceed with this kind of problem? I'm connected of increasing the max connections and do not resolve the problem or decrease performance.

Thanks in advance,

Rodrigo Pereira da Silva
rodrigo@paripassu.com.br
http://www.paripassu.com.br
Rua Coronel Luis Caldeira, nº 67, Bloco 1, Sala 3A
88034-110 • Florianópolis • SC
Tel. (48) 3207-5755

Attachment