ALTER TABLE ADD CONSTRAINT - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ian Harding
Subject ALTER TABLE ADD CONSTRAINT
Date
List pgsql-general
I am generating scripts from MSSQL Server and converting them to create objects in PostgreSQL.  It is suprisingly easy.
However, I think I may have hit a rock.

It appears that PostgreSQL does not support listing constraints to be added as in the following syntax:

alter table foo add
    constraint fk_foo_bar foreign key
    (
        fooid
    ) references bar (
        barid
    ),
    constraint fk_foo_baz foreign key
    (
        footooid
    ) references baz (
        bazid
    );

Is this true?  Is this something that is being considered for addition?

Also, I see that alter table add constraint does not work for defaults.  Is this something that is going to be added?

Thanks!!

Ian A. Harding
Programmer/Analyst II
Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department