Trigger only firing once - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Fran Fabrizio
Subject Trigger only firing once
Date
List pgsql-general
Anyone have any clues as to my question yesterday re: why my trigger
only fires on the first insert per connection?  After posting yesterday,
I tried a few different things, but the only thing that works (and
obviously not the most efficient thing to do) is to disconnect and
reconnect after every insert.

This trigger is:

create trigger log_trigger
before insert on log
for each row
execute procedure update_host_table();

The trigger runs fine, the procedure it calls runs fine, but it only
executes the
trigger once per connection.

The odd thing is that I generated the trigger and the procedure from a
text file of sql which hasn't changed in weeks.  It worked perfectly in
postgresql 7.0, but now that I think about it, I can't confirm it ever
working correctly in 7.1 since I upgraded earlier in the week.

Thanks,
Fran