PostgreSQL 9.0 - support for RANGE value PRECEDING window functions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Daniel Scott
Subject PostgreSQL 9.0 - support for RANGE value PRECEDING window functions
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I have a question about a feature in PostgreSQL 9.0.

I am looking for support for windowing functions when using: RANGE
BETWEEN <value> PRECEDING/FOLLOWING AND <value>
PRECEDING/FOLLOWING

The latest documentation:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/sql-expressions.html#SYNTAX-WINDOW-FUNCTIONS

Says "The value PRECEDING and value FOLLOWING cases are currently only
allowed in ROWS mode."

However, I have found this post:

http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/e08cc0400912310149me7150cek3c9aa92e4d396ac3@mail.gmail.com

Which appears to provide a patch supporting: "- allow all of RANGE
BETWEEN <value> PRECEDING/FOLLOWING AND <value>
PRECEDING/FOLLOWING". However, I cannot find any further information
related to this feature.

Can anyone confirm whether or not this feature will be available in
PostgreSQL 9.0?

Thanks,

Dan Scott