Re: Restore live backup from posgtres/data/base/* gives PHPPGADMIN errors, works fine otherwise - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jo Voordeckers
Subject Re: Restore live backup from posgtres/data/base/* gives PHPPGADMIN errors, works fine otherwise
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Op Thu, 12 Feb 2004 21:18:10 +0100, schreef Jo Voordeckers:

> restored from a live system backup. One CLOG file turned up to be
> missining according to syslog, however no database-transactions are used
> in this database application.

Hmm I think I misunderstood the transaction nature of the PG_CLOG files.
The one that seems to be missing 0023 is also giving those errors in the
application at some specific point. Should I restore this file also from
the backup tape? On the tape there are 2 files in PG_CLOG, currently
there are 2 files also but with different names. That's why I'm affraid
that restoring the 0023 it's missing could mess up the other DB's. Am I
correct?

What exactly are these PG_CLOG files for... they seem pretty important and
not corresponding to a single DB. What I don't understand is that some
query's error on this while others run fine... And again how can you
identify the PG_CLOG files's corresponding DB's.

--
Kind Regards,

Jo Voordeckers