Re: Transaction aborts on syntax error. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From ramirez@idconcepts.org (Edwin S. Ramirez)
Subject Re: Transaction aborts on syntax error.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Can we clarify what is meant by the client?  It is my
expectation/desire that the client library would handle this as a
setting similar to "AutoCommit", which would implicitly protect each
statement within a nested block (savepoint), causing only itself to
abort.  Such as, "OnError=>[abort|continue]", abort being the default.

Performance considerations are currently secondary to the fact that
the transaction abort problem can only be solved by nested
transactions.  In their current state transactions are not
convinient/practical (for me).

-ESR-