Re: J2SE 1.4 and other patches - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Rene Pijlman
Subject Re: J2SE 1.4 and other patches
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
On 13 Oct 2001 11:16:07 +1000, you wrote:
>I was just wondering if anyone is working on support for JDK1.4 for the
>postgresql drivers.

Not AFAIK.

>It appears that there are some new methods defined
>in a few interfaces that need to be implemented (presumably to just
>throw the "unimplemented" exception?).

Do you mean JDBC 3.0 methods? What methods precisely? Are they
implementable?

>Also, I have a patch for DatabaseMetaData to fix a bug in the metadata
>returned for BigDecimals. I have already tried to submit this patch 2 or
>3 times (to peter@retep) but never heard back. It's only about 4 LOC but
>it makes introspecting the database much better.
>
>Is this the place to post a patch, and if I do, am I likely to get a
>response?

You can send patches to the pgsql-patches@postgresql.org list,
preferably with a CC to this list. Yes, you will get a response.
Usually, a patch is applied within a week (if the patch is good,
of course).

If a patch to the JDBC driver needs discussion first, that
should be on this list.

Regards,
René Pijlman <rene@lab.applinet.nl>