Re: Sheduler in Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christopher Browne
Subject Re: Sheduler in Postgres
Date
List pgsql-general
The world rejoiced as csegyud@vnet.hu (Együd Csaba) wrote:
> Hi, I should schedule the execution of several stored
> procedures. Now I use an NT service for this, but as far as I know
> e.g. the Oracle has such a thing.  It would be great if I could fire
> procedures on a timer basis.
>
> Is there a better solution for this than mine?

Traditionally, PostgreSQL has consciously omitted such things where
they would merely be replicating existing operating system
functionality.

On Unix, "cron" is the traditional service that provides this
functionality.

I think there's a port to Windows NT, so you could presumably use that
if you haven't got any more "native" job scheduler.
--
output = reverse("moc.liamg" "@" "enworbbc")
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/lsf.html