Re: Postgres 8 and Slony-1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christopher Browne
Subject Re: Postgres 8 and Slony-1
Date
List pgsql-general
If things go well, there's a release candidate hoped to be suitable
for a Dec 15th date.  But releases will _actually_ be ready when they
are ready.

> Also, are there any plans to include Slony with it, as part of the
> same source download, or as part of a group 'matched' source
> files/rpms/dpkgs etc?

That's not the PG Development Group's responsibility; if makers of
Linux distributions choose to do so, that's _their_ problem.

It looks as though that will be somewhat hard to do until Slony-I 1.1
gets released, as the 1.0 series isn't readily compilable without
having a whole PG source tree around.  In 1.1, there are more
sophisticated source configuration options that make that particular
inconvenience unnecessary.
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="gmail.com" in name ^ "@" ^ tld;;
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/linux.html