Re: Mailing lists archive search - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Roland Roberts
Subject Re: Mailing lists archive search
Date
List pgsql-general

    Bruce> Can anyone tell how terrible our search archives are?

Are you asking for testimonials?

I tried searching the archives for hints to a couple of problems I'm
having and gave up after wasting over an hour.  Message subjects are
insufficient to judge the pertinence of a search match and the long
format just shows the top of the page.

The problem seems to be the indexing engine is indexing the HMTL text
instead of the mail message.

It was easier to just ask here....

roland
--