Re: additional json functionality - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: additional json functionality
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> That would be one of the silliest and most short-sighted decisions we have
> made in many years, IMNSHO. The demand for strong JSON support is enormous.

One of the silliest and most short-sighted decisions we made recently
might have been to actually ship that json variant in 9.2, after all.

The most popular PostgreSQL commands in 9.4 are going to be:
 $ sudo apt-get install postgresql-contrib-9.4
 # create extension jstore; # alter table foo alter column documents type jstore; # create index on foo using
gist(documents);

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine