Re: [HACKERS] Blowing core - anyone have any ideas? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Blowing core - anyone have any ideas?
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> Ok, I'm trying to finish cleaning up libpq++ and with v6.4.0 and with
> the snapshot I grabbed a few minutes ago I get the same thing.
>
> The library builds and installs fine.
> The examples build fine.
> The examples run fine UNTIL they end.  After the program ends and the
> destructor finishes I get a core dump from a seg fault.  Running it in
> the debugger (the library and the example are both compiled with -g) I
> get this for a backtrace:
>
> (gdb) bt
> #0  0x1000000 in ?? ()
> #1  0x38000000 in ?? ()
> Error accessing memory address 0x7ec1e: Invalid argument.
> (gdb)
>
> Any ideas where to look?   This is on FreeBSD 2.2.6 (can't upgrade it
> just yet - it's too busy).

    Unfortunately  I  can't  compile  the  examples. I'm not very
    familiar with C++ and the cryptic error messages I get  about
    "undefined"  references  surely result from some wrong shared
    lib setups here.

    Anyway - the above tells that something corrupted  the  stack
    and  that the core is mostly useless (except for including it
    into replies to spam mail).

    The destructor eventually calls  PQuntrace(),  PQclear()  and
    PQfinish().   Try setting breakpoints on them and then single
    step until shit happens.

Jan