Re: [HACKERS] Postgres 6.4.2 connection problem solved - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andy Farrell
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Postgres 6.4.2 connection problem solved
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Reply to:   Re: [HACKERS] Postgres 6.4.2 connection problem solved
FYI,
 The machine we tried to run postgres on had the 'localhost' entry in its hosts file spelled incorrectly (i.e.,
'localhosts'). After updating the hosts file, postgres ran fine.

 I would have thought we would have recieved an error other than 'getprotobyname failed'.  I would have expected an
errormore like the error messages you recieve when trying to connect to postgres from a remote client without adding
theclient's IP in the pg_hba.conf file.  In any case, the problem has been solved, now I can go play golf....

Thanks to those who replied-