Querytree printing - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Subject Querytree printing
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Who needs the pretty printed output of nodeDisplay() ?

    I  find  the  output  of nodeToString() much more useful when
    debugging the rewrite  system  (especially  when  looking  at
    querytree's  resulting  from joins with many RTE's, Resdom's,
    TLE's plus qual, group by etc. clauses.  It's  hard  to  keep
    track  where I am if the entire tree spans hundreds of lines.

    Thus I would like to change the output of -d4 back to that of
    nodeToString().  Anyone against?

Jan