Re: [HACKERS] Adding PRIMARY KEY info - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From darcy@druid.net (D'Arcy J.M. Cain)
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Adding PRIMARY KEY info
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Thus spake Bruce Momjian
> > I tried adding the PRIMARY KEY info to pg_class but the resulting data
> > base system simply dumps core everywhere.  Can someone point me to the
>
> My recommendation is to find a seldom-used field in pg_class, like
> relchecks, and find all instances of that in the code, and add code for
> your new field in all those places.  You need to assign the value in
> call cases where you are inserting into pg_class, not just the initdb
> stuff.

Does this relate to the core dumping?  Since there is so far no code
using this field, how would adding a field dump core?  Can you see
anything in my description of what I did to account for this.

Your suggestion sounds good for the next step though.  Thanks.