Re: Nice Quote from Celko

From: Thomas Kellerer
Subject: Re: Nice Quote from Celko
Date: ,
List: pgsql-advocacy

Tree view

Nice Quote from Celko  (Richard Broersma, )
 Re: Nice Quote from Celko  (Richard Broersma, )
  Re: Nice Quote from Celko  (Thomas Kellerer, )
 Re: Nice Quote from Celko  (Gavin Flower, )
  Re: Nice Quote from Celko  (Robert Bernier, )
   Re: Nice Quote from Celko  (Gavin Flower, )
    Re: Nice Quote from Celko  (Thomas Kellerer, )
 Re: Nice Quote from Celko  (Robert Bernier, )
  Re: Nice Quote from Celko  (Gurjeet Singh, )

Gavin Flower, 24.09.2012 22:07:
> I have not checked everything, but noted that..
>
> It claims
> "[...]
> The model for temporary tables is weaker than T-SQL in some ways.
> You cannot create a temp table with column declarations, but only
> with a query
>
> this obviously false:

There is another wrong statement I noticed:

   Other Data Types

   Postgres also supports the BOOLEAN data type, which has the following characteristics:

   *   Does not support NULL values.

That of course is also not true.