Re: Nice Quote from Celko - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Gavin Flower
Subject Re: Nice Quote from Celko
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 25/09/12 03:31, Robert Bernier wrote:
On Saturday, September 22, 2012 01:54:08 pm Gavin Flower wrote:
On 23/09/12 03:31, Richard Broersma wrote:
"Developers are more likely to port SQL Server to Postgres because it
is open source, supports more ANSI features, runs on more platforms,
uses a different ACID model and has a great optimizer. "

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Stairway+Series/89991/

It wanted me to login to read it.

Read it using elinks, that's what I did.

Robert
Thanks

I have not checked everything, but noted that..

It claims
"[...]
The model for temporary tables is weaker than T-SQL in some ways. ... You cannot create a temp table with column declarations, but only with a query..
[...]"

this obviously false:

CREATE TEMP TABLE tem_tab
(