Re: problems on solaris 7 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Lauko
Subject Re: problems on solaris 7
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi!
Well, you write just the opposite in installation guide:

"19. Run the regression tests to make sure the compilation worked
Firstly though you'll need to edit the src/test/regress/pg_regress.sh script to use TCP instead of UNIX domain sockets
$ cd src/test/regress
$ sed "s/beos/beos\* | \*solaris/" pg_regress.sh > pg_regress.tmp
$ mv pg_regress.tmp pg_regress.sh
$ cd ../../..
$ make check"

I've done this, so that pg_regress.sh looks this way:

case $host_platform in
    *-*-qnx* | *beos* | *solaris*)
        unix_sockets=no;;
    *)
        unix_sockets=yes;;
esac

It seems that I use tcp. So, which one is the good one?
bye, Peter