Re: Re: MySQL's (false?) claims... (was: Re: PL/java?) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Ford
Subject Re: Re: MySQL's (false?) claims... (was: Re: PL/java?)
Date
List pgsql-general
Digital Wokan wrote:

>As strange as this may sound, I had to do a cross database query at my
>last job.  It involved moving information from our e-commerce database
>into the accounting system database.  While there may have been another
>way of handling it, this did allow me to handle the move solely within
>MSSQL and not have to schedule something like a seperate program to
>run.  (Which I'd have to do to accomplish this in PGSQL currently.)

Why couldn't you open a connection to each db and do a middle temporary
table if needed?  I think it's a matter of which angle you saw the problem.

-d

--
>:>
I may have the information you need and I may choose only HTML.  It's up to you.