Re: PL/java? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dr. Evil
Subject Re: PL/java?
Date
List pgsql-general
> If you can afford to learn another language, and get some time to put it =
> practical use, I suggest that you take a closer look at Java... or IMHO, =
> atleast
> don't knock it until you have substancial reasoning.

I agree.  java is a great language.  The biggest problem with java?
Lack of portability!  Yes, that's right, it's not portable!  If you
are using Linux or a commercial OS of some kind, you have great java
support, but under FreeBSD or OpenBSD?  Good luck getting Java 2 to
work!

But it's still a great language and I'm moving all my stuff from PHP
to Java.