RE: PL/java? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alex Knight
Subject RE: PL/java?
Date
List pgsql-general
You make a good point about Java not being "portable" (the JVM not being
fully portable anyways). That could certainly be enough reason to not
benefit the PostgreSQL community as a whole. It _is_ a shame that Java 2
hasn't made it over to other platforms yet.

Although, I haven't thought about it much, but I'm not sure I see any
advantages of using Java over PG/plsql. Other than streamlining _some_
development since developers in a Java shop would know Java, I don't
see any language-specific advantages.

(Oh by the way, my two previous posts have been delayed since I sent them
from the wrong email address)

-Knight