Trigger Programming on Windows XP - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Peter Ludikovsky
Subject Trigger Programming on Windows XP
Date
List pgsql-novice
Greetings!

I don't know if I'm right on this list with my question but so far it
seemed the most appropriate choice.

I would like to try myself on trigger-programming for PostgreSQL 8.0
on Windows XP. I chose C for that matter.

My problem is that the installer of Postgres does apparently not
include the headers needed for development, nor the needed libraries.
I already fetched the header-files from the source distribution, but
I'm still lacking the needed libraries.

My question: can I link my triggers against those libraries
supplemented by the binary distribution? If not, is there any
possibility to compile them from source without the need for MingW,
gmake, ...

Thanks in advance,
Peter