Re: pg_dump failes due to invalid memory request - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Morgan Kita
Subject Re: pg_dump failes due to invalid memory request
Date
List pgsql-novice
> This looks like a pretty standard data-corruption situation: you've got
> a variable-width field somewhere with a ridiculous value in its length
> word.  If you trawl the PG mail list archives you'll find plenty of
> examples and discussions about how to triangulate on the bad row(s) and
> get rid of them.

Well last night I used a cursor to fetch 10000 rows at a time, and it sucessfully fetched all rows to a file. I don't
seemto be getting an error when I select the data, only from pg_dump... I will continue to check.

>> Now the only thing I can think of is that this particular table has 2
>> custom data types that are both toastable.

> [ raised eyebrow... ]  Then it could also be a symptom of a garden
> variety bug in your custom datatype code.  Have you tried getting
> a stack trace from errfinish() to see exactly where the complaint
> is being raised?

I will defintely check this once I find the problem tuple(s).

Thanks,
Morgan