Re: proposal: psql \setfileref - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: proposal: psql \setfileref
Date
Re: proposal: psql \setfileref  (Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 10/9/16 9:54 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> I understand, but I am not sure how difficult implementation it is. This part
>> > (COPY input) doesn't support parametrization - and parametrization can have a
>> > negative performance impact.
> And it would need to be \:file_ref in COPY so real data doesn't trigger
> it.

ISTM it'd be much saner to just restrict file ref's to only working with
psql's \COPY, and not server-side COPY.
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)   mobile: 512-569-9461