Re: proposal: psql \setfileref - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: proposal: psql \setfileref
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On 10/9/16 9:54 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
I understand, but I am not sure how difficult implementation it is. This part
> (COPY input) doesn't support parametrization - and parametrization can have a
> negative performance impact.
And it would need to be \:file_ref in COPY so real data doesn't trigger
it.

ISTM it'd be much saner to just restrict file ref's to only working with psql's \COPY, and not server-side COPY.

What should be a benefit, use case for file ref for client side \COPY ?

Regards

Pavel

855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)   mobile: 512-569-9461