Re: Fwd: Re: [HACKERS] Running make check-world in buildfarm (was Re:[COMMITTERS] pgsql: Use SASLprep to normalize passwords for SCRAMauthentication.) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Fwd: Re: [HACKERS] Running make check-world in buildfarm (was Re:[COMMITTERS] pgsql: Use SASLprep to normalize passwords for SCRAMauthentication.)
Date
In response to Re: [HACKERS] Running make check-world in buildfarm (was Re:[COMMITTERS] pgsql: Use SASLprep to normalize passwords for SCRAMauthentication.)  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Responses Re: Fwd: Re: [HACKERS] Running make check-world in buildfarm (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Use SASLprep to normalize passwords for SCRAM authentication.)  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: Fwd: Re: [HACKERS] Running make check-world in buildfarm (was Re:[COMMITTERS] pgsql: Use SASLprep to normalize passwords for SCRAMauthentication.)  (Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi>)
List pgsql-hackers

On 04/08/2017 10:11 AM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> [...]

Yes, I don't want just to run check-world.

I am aware of a few test sets that need to be added, and I'm planning on
doing that this weekend, in fact. Specifically: recovery, subscription,
authentication and SSL. Peter Eisentraut raised this with me about a
week ago.

Instead of just adding targets to check-world, perhaps we need to look
at what we can do so that the buildfarm client can discover what checks
it might run and run them, just as we specify test schedules for pg_regress.

cheers

andrew