intializing problem with postgresql-8.0.4-binaries-no-installer.zip - Mailing list pgsql-ports

From Shahid Manzoor
Subject intializing problem with postgresql-8.0.4-binaries-no-installer.zip
Date
List pgsql-ports
Hi,

I want to run the postgresql-8.0.4-binaries-no-installer.zip version
of the postgresql in windows 2000 environment. When I run initdb
command I got the following error message.

D:\softwares\postgresql-8.0.4-binaries-no-installer\pgsql\bin>initdb -D ../data
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "shma001".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale English_United Kingdom.125
.

fixing permissions on existing directory ../data ... ok
creating directory ../data/global ... ok
creating directory ../data/pg_xlog ... ok
creating directory ../data/pg_xlog/archive_status ... ok
creating directory ../data/pg_clog ... ok
creating directory ../data/pg_subtrans ... ok
creating directory ../data/base ... ok
creating directory ../data/base/1 ... ok
creating directory ../data/pg_tblspc ... ok
selecting default max_connections ... 10
selecting default shared_buffers ... 50
creating configuration files ... ok
creating template1 database in ../data/base/1 ... Execution of PostgreSQL by a
ser with administrative permissions is not
permitted.
The server must be started under an unprivileged user ID to prevent
possible system security compromises.  See the documentation for
more information on how to properly start the server.
child process was terminated by signal 1
initdb: removing contents of data directory "../data"

Can I any body tell me how to run this version of postgresql server.

regards,

--
Shahid Manzoor