Re: Patch: plan invalidation vs stored procedures - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Asko Oja
Subject Re: Patch: plan invalidation vs stored procedures
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Does it change of result some queries?
Patch in itself is not changing what the queries return. It just gets rid of error condition from which Postgres itself is not able to recover.

It is protection to server's hang?
For users of stored procedures it is protection from downtime. For Skype it has been around 20% of databse related downtime this year.

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 12:05 PM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
2008/8/18 Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine@hi-media.com>:
> Hi,

>> So what? That is not the only criterion for backpatching.
>
> I fail to understand why this problem is not qualified as a bug.

Does it change of result some queries? It is protection to server's hang?