Re: Best Procedural Language? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Carlo Stonebanks
Subject Re: Best Procedural Language?
Date
Re: Best Procedural Language?  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Re: Best Procedural Language?  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-general
> plPHP is not as mature as plTcl (or is that plTclng). However it is very
> well developed and maintained. Heck, companies are even holding talks and
> training classes on it now.

What is lacking in plPHP? To be honest, even though I am a Tcl developer I
would rather develop in PHP, and I know next to NOTHING about PHP!

The thing is that Tcl leaves a bad taste in a lot of programmer's mouths -
and I can't blame them. PHP looks and behaves like a "normal" programming
language, so there's more likelyhood that other programmers will be able to
maintain my code. (Imagine that - a developer worrying about how the NEXT
developer will maintain his code! Think the idea will catch on?)

I couldn't find a recent release of plPHP, and have no idea of its status.

Carlo