Re: Intelligent Database in postgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Josh Tolley
Subject Re: Intelligent Database in postgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
On 8/6/07, Rodrigo Faccioli <faccioli.postgresql@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a new user's postgreSQL and I have a question: Is possible add function
> of intelligent System like Neural Networks or Fuzzy Logic within postgre
> SGDB?
>
> For example: I have a database and I want to execute a select instruction.
> But, this select constains there is  column  that uses a Perceptron Neural
> Networks for return a result, follow below:
>
>         Select perceptron(vendas_cli)
>         from client
>         Where vendas_cli > 1000
>
> Thanks,

PostgreSQL allows you to add your own functions in any of several
different languages, including Perl and C. If you can code your
perceptron function in one of the languages PostgreSQL understands,
you can do exactly what you suggest. Refer to
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/xplang.html for starter
documentation.

- Josh