Re: Intelligent Database in postgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rich Shepard
Subject Re: Intelligent Database in postgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 6 Aug 2007, Rodrigo Faccioli wrote:

> I'm a new user's postgreSQL and I have a question: Is possible add
> function of intelligent System like Neural Networks or Fuzzy Logic within
> postgre SGDB?

   Inherently, no. But, there is a fellow at a Bulgarian university that is
developing a fuzzy SQL addon. I've not looked at it in a while because we
don't need that capability right now.

   I've never looked for a hook to a NN so I cannot comment on that. Neural
networks, of course, are totally different from fuzzy logic, and address
different problems. They are not interchangable.

Rich