Re: Stored procedure - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Legault
Subject Re: Stored procedure
Date
List pgsql-general
On 3/13/07, Alain Roger <raf.news@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I have a stored procedure which returns a SETOF RECORD.
so basically a partial rowtype from a table.

to execute the query in PHP, i must write :
select * from myschema.sp_a_002('username') as result(Column1 varchar);

to get the result.

However, is there another to get the result without using 'as result(column1 varchar)' ?
something like a simple "select * from storedprocedure(param);", for example :-)

thanks a lot,

--
Alain

That's what I do in PHP

if it returns a set "SELECT * FROM myfunction(arg1,arg2,...)"

Then I can just iterate over every record/line/row.

I don't have any stored proc that actually returns a setof record in any of my functions though, but I would imagine that it doesn't make a difference in how you call it.

Could you past the whole function?

David