Re: New US DST Rules & PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thomas F. O'Connell
Subject Re: New US DST Rules & PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
On Jan 23, 1:18 am, t...@sss.pgh.pa.us (Tom Lane) wrote:
 > Adam Gordon <adam.gor...@readytalk.com> writes:
 > > Anyone know where to find info about whether or not the new
USDSTrules
 > > impact certain versions of Postgres and what needs to be done to
ensure
 > > observance of the new rules?  Thanks.
 >
 > http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/src/timezone/data/
no...

 > The short version:
 >
 > Any 7.x PG: uses your OS's timezone info, hence OK if you've
updated the OS

 > 8.0.x PG: need 8.0.4 or later
 >
 > 8.1.x PG: all releases know about 2007 USDSTupdates
 >
 > 8.2.x PG: all releases know about 2007 USDSTupdates
 >
 >                         regards, tom lane

I'm curious. For 7.4.x, does the database require a restart for the
change to take effect? I'm aware of a few production installations
where the OS changed, but postgres time functions didn't take hold.

--
Thomas F. O'Connell

optimizing modern web applications
: for search engines, for usability, and for performance :

http://o.ptimized.com/
615-260-0005