Stored procedure

From
"Alain Roger"
Date:
Hi,

I have a stored procedure which returns a SETOF RECORD.
so basically a partial rowtype from a table.

to execute the query in PHP, i must write :
select * from myschema.sp_a_002('username') as result(Column1 varchar);

to get the result.

However, is there another to get the result without using 'as result(column1 varchar)' ?
something like a simple "select * from storedprocedure(param);", for example :-)

thanks a lot,

--
Alain
------------------------------------

Re: Stored procedure

From
"David Legault"
Date:
I have a stored procedure which returns a SETOF RECORD.
so basically a partial rowtype from a table.

to execute the query in PHP, i must write :
select * from myschema.sp_a_002('username') as result(Column1 varchar);

to get the result.

However, is there another to get the result without using 'as result(column1 varchar)' ?
something like a simple "select * from storedprocedure(param);", for example :-)

thanks a lot,

--
Alain
------------------------------------
Windows XP SP2
PostgreSQL 8.1.4
Apache 2.0.58
PHP 5

That's what I do in PHP

if it returns a set "SELECT * FROM myfunction(arg1,arg2,...)"

Then I can just iterate over every record/line/row.

I don't have any stored proc that actually returns a setof record in any of my functions though, but I would imagine that it doesn't make a difference in how you call it.

Could you past the whole function?

David

Re: Stored procedure

From
Roman Neuhauser
Date:
# raf.news@gmail.com / 2007-03-13 18:29:36 +0100:
> Hi,
>
> I have a stored procedure which returns a SETOF RECORD.
> so basically a partial rowtype from a table.
>
> to execute the query in PHP, i must write :
> select * from myschema.sp_a_002('username') as result(Column1 varchar);
>
> to get the result.
>
> However, is there another to get the result without using 'as result(column1
> varchar)' ?
> something like a simple "select * from storedprocedure(param);", for example
> :-)

Yes, create a type, and have the function return SETOF your-type. You
need to name the types *somewhere*.

You don't know, man.  You don't KNOW.